We're always looking for great people to join the team at Juniper Hill. If you have a passion for good food and wine, enjoy being around great people and thrive on excellence and good ol' hospitality, Juniper Hill is the place for you. Please send a quick note about yourself, along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out this job application form
At Juniper Hill, our goal is to deliver a finer dining experience in a casual setting. The menu changes frequently and is designed to show off top notch, fresh ingredients. We're all about supporting our local culinary community and work hard to ensure interesting seeds and breeds are used in our cooking. We work collaboratively with local farmers, growers, bakers and fishermen to create clean and simple, ingredient-forward dishes every day. Everything is fresh, made in house, with sustainability top of mind.
We have a full craft bar, rotating global wine list and serve lunch, Friday-Sunday and dinner, Tuesday-Sunday.
Closed Mondays; Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve/Day, New Year's Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.
Full and Part Time positions are available for both the Front of the House and Back of the House ~ Full Time openings are listed below:
SR. LINE COOK/JR. SOUS CHEF
We are currently searching for a passionate, highly motivated cook looking to take the next step in his/her culinary career.
Ideal candidate will have a soul that needs to be cooking and a mind that is set on professional growth and self respect. Must be a hard-working team player with a desire to learn. While experience in a fast-paced kitchen is required and a culinary degree is preferred, we are more interested in individuals with a passion for cooking and pride in executing delicious food each day.
Professional opportunity and compensation will be based upon level of experience and performance.
5 days/week work schedule. Immediate Hire.
Juniper Hill is a learning environment where we teach what we know and learn what we don't. You will have the opportunity to work with highly experienced and trained professionals and grow in areas that interest you.
As part of the BOH Team at Juniper Hill, you will...
- Work on the line alongside Chef/Owner Josh DeChellis
- Take in daily deliveries
- Assist in butchering
- Cook with locally grown and/or meticulously sourced ingredients
- Collaborate on our frequently changing menu based on the day's deliveries and catch
- Master all stations; manage a specific station
- Oversee nightly orders for your station
- Communicate respectfully with other and all members of the team
Juniper Hill is searching for a hospitable, energetic, highly-motivated individual who will thrive in a busy, fast-paced, team-oriented, professional environment. Candidate must be hard working with a true interest in good food and drink. Strong fluency in spirits and craft cocktails and the interest and ability to help craft our rotating cocktail offering is a plus.
This position will require a heavy emphasis on the service bar, while also servicing bar tables, ( and a 14-seat bar once co-vid restrictions are lifted). This role sets the stage for the guest experience by providing prompt, attentive service and by being all-knowing regarding our menu, beverage and wine offerings. Attention to detail is a must, as is the ability to work with jiggers and follow cocktail recipes.
Flexible schedule; must be available to work weekends and holidays as needed.
The FM is a brand ambassador for Juniper Hill. The FM will supervise and assist all FOH staff to execute their job descriptions according to Juniper Hill’s standards. The ideal candidate is friendly, engaging, gracious and energetic; she/he can lead by example and is proactive and highly-motivated to provide sincere hospitality to guests. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, are a must as is the ability to maintain a positive, energetic and professional demeanor always.
The ideal Floor Manager will also possess a genuine interest in current trends and culture of the hospitality industry. Experience is a must for the position, as is an open mind and willingness to learn and grow.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervising/coordinating the activities of all FOH staff to ensure the smooth and efficient operation
• Maintaining all Steps of Service and Juniper Hill Restaurant Standards with guests and employees
• Completing manager opening and closing checklists as required, including daily shift summary reports
• Working closely with the Host staff to oversee reservations, floor timing management and seating charts
• Handling all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism
• Monitoring the neatness, cleanliness, treatment and order of all dining areas and equipment
• Being an expert in food and beverage with a strong working knowledge of all internal departments
• Assisting in the maintaining of all restaurant and bar equipment to ensure they are in proper working order;
• Working closely with the chef/owner to coordinate daily operations and events
• Focusing and connecting with all guests and employees at all levels to exceed their expectations
• Participating in teamwork and assist other departments when needed
• Performing other duties as assigned by Owners and/or General Manager
Interested in hosting a private party or corporate event at Juniper Hill? We can work with you to customize a seasonal menu that best fits your needs.
Give a Gift
Treat someone special to the gift of food and drink at Juniper Hill. Gift certificates are available for purchase online, in person or by phone: 908.335.8905.